Friday, October 12, 2007

NICKNAMES

So I've been thinking about nicknames lately...I think because I have a nickname at work that was given to me shortly after I started last year. Pretty much everyone in my office only calls me by "Spice". And I picked up responding to it pretty quickly.

After thinking about it, I've had a lot of nicknames throughout my life and most of them were used for a long period of time. I was wondering if other people have a lot of nicknames too or if my name is just easy to nickname. I thought I'd make a list of them, attempting to list them in order of use.


  1. Dinder Vivvan (When I was a toddler, this is how I said my first and last name. My brother still occasionally uses this one.)
  2. Doodlebug (pet name used by my Dad)
  3. Little Bob (used consistently by my great aunt because I looked so much like my Dad)
  4. Ginny
  5. Ginger (both with hard "g" sounds, instead of "j".)
  6. Faye (a couple people still only call me by my middle name)
  7. Ginfaye
  8. Gin
  9. Ging
  10. Gingivitis (not because I had it, but because youth can be so funny)
  11. Gingerbread
  12. Jengibre (spanish for the spice, ginger)
  13. Ginja
  14. Ginja the Ninja Advenja
  15. Ginja the Ninja
  16. Ninj
  17. H.U.G. (Human Unit Ginger)
  18. Spice

And I'm sure there are others...you may even remember some that I'm forgetting.

8 comments:

Karasue said...

You forgot one... GLo

bobby said...

I don't know why, but this post reminded me of when Patrick and I would sing that Neil Diamond song to you. (That was back when I was known alternately as Bobbert and Blirm, and, by a certain Spanish prof from Thailand, "Wawb't.")

PoMonkey said...

Bobby, I was just thinking about that the other day...not sure why. I think, for some odd reason, I was thinking of Neil Diamond. Good Times...Good Times!

Anonymous said...

Mr. PoMonkey's mother calls you Sunshine. Guess you forgot that one!! With all the other ones, that's understandable. Love, Mr. PoMonkey's Dad.

M Griffin said...

Ginger Snap

M Griffin said...

I also over the years have taken on many nicknames, mostly all given to me by my husband. None of them are a form of my name. They can change month to month or year to year but the one that has always remained is MONKEY!

Anonymous said...

To Minda loo hoo. You need to have a very long talk to that husband of yours. Not so sure he appreciates the wonderful person you are, and I do know you!! Mr. loo hoo is a fine person as well, and the two of you make a great couple as do Mr. & Mrs. Po Monkey! All four of you are loved and appreciated!

Mister Ginger said...

Crusty