Friday, June 03, 2011

Hands are Handy

I am spending the next 8 weeks in a cast and never realized how many things are difficult/impossible to do with one hand!  I feel the need to list them (I like lists), so I'm gonna do that here.

It is difficult/impossible to:
  1. Open anything with a cap...this could be a huge list in itself!
  2. Put on earrings
  3. ZIPLOCS!!! Ugh.
  4. Wash your one, good hand...getting and spreading the soap
  5. Staple
  6. Use a hole punch
  7. Use a water dispenser
  8. Write on a piece of paper without the paper sliding all over
  9. Open a  3-ring binder 
  10. Fold clothes
  11. Clap
  12. Stand, eat and drink at a reception
  13. Go through a buffet line
  14. Clean and wash vegetables
  15. Tear paper/junk mail
  16. Put lotion on
  17. Curl your hair
  18. Brush out your hair as you blow dry it

(More to come...)

1 comment:

Pierce said...

#12 is hard to do with two good hands! I imagine it is much more difficult with one though.
- Jen