Tuesday, January 02, 2007

TUNE MY HEART

On my way to work this morning the Lord shared the most beautiful sunrise. The colors were incredible - a million shades of blue, pink and orange. Our God is the only one who could create such beauty!! At the same time Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing began playing on my iPod. This is a hymn I've sung my whole life, but it was like I was hearing it for the first time! Tune my heart to sing Thy grace. Let Thy goodness bind my wandering heart to Thee. Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it. WOW! What a wonderful prayer for 2007! I'm so thankful for these reminders as I begin 2007. I pray that today you receive some reminders like this also.
(The photo above is Monkey Island in Bintan, Indonesia.)

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it, Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger, Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

3 comments:

Bryan C. McWhite said...

This is the part that always resonates the most with me:

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love; Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.

Anonymous said...

pomonkey it is good to hear your thoughts of your desire to grow in relation with Christ. praise be.

Taran said...

Beautiful post! Very encouraging. Thanks.